We are looking for Back-End Engineers to join our team.
This is a full-time and fully-remote position for applicants legally residing in the European Union.
At BeBanjo, developers work in two independent teams: Projects and Products. The Projects team takes care of building custom integrations for our clients, while the Products team is responsible for maintaining and implementing new features for our core Products. We’re looking for developers to join both teams.
These are some examples of problems that our Products team faces:
- Implementing a new filter on our Elasticsearch-powered search UI.
- Designing a roadmap to upgrade a big Ruby on Rails 5.0 app to Rails 6.0.
- Creating an implementation plan for a big feature, breaking it down into smaller tasks, documenting and estimating them.
- Investigating and fixing a performance problem on one of our Sidekiq workers.
- Writing documentation for a new endpoint on our REST API.
On the other hand, these are common tasks for our Projects team:
- Using our own Ruby framework, build an integration to sync our client’s data with third parties.
- Helping new customers on-boarding process by working on data migration plans, and workflow automations.
- Working with the Technical Account Managers on designing solutions for the specific customer demands. Decide technical details and estimate the expected effort.
- Keep our components ecosystem at peak performance (i.e. stack up to date, review past design decisions, benchmark and profile, etc).
- You have significant experience building digital products of any kind
- You understand the importance of having a solid test suite, and you’re willing to write lots of tests
- You are empathetic and curious
- You are able to communicate your arguments clearly, and listen to others
- You care deeply about your work and about the success of your team
- You are self-motivated, able to work with little supervision
- You know how to get things done, keeping yourself organised and focused
- You’d like to work in an international team of talented and considerate people
- You have some experience with our stack: Ruby on Rails, Elasticsearch, MySQL, Vue.js, HotWire…
- We use AWS and GCP extensively. Any prior experience or a desire to master these is a plus
Again, don’t rule yourself out if you think you don’t tick all the boxes. We’re looking for keen learners with a great attitude.
BeBanjo is not a VC-funded startup. Don’t expect parties, video games, or a gym at the office. We were bootstrapped in 2008, and we’re proud to have built a growing and sustainable business. We value honest, long-term relationships with our staff and our customers.
We care about nurturing an environment where our best work can happen. We’re kind to each other, respect each other, and look after each other. We’re open and collaborative, we listen to everyone and aim for consensus when making decisions.
We don’t work with impossible deadlines. We do not micro-manage people. We treat all staff like grown-ups, and we trust each person to work when and from where they wish. We don’t value long working hours. We believe in using our time efficiently and enjoying a good work-life balance.
We firmly believe in equal opportunities and continuously foster a workplace that is safe and inclusive for everyone.
What we can offer
- Work from anywhere with flexible schedules so that you can be there for the people you love, avoid commuting every day, be a nomad, find the environment where you’re most productive, and plan your day exactly how you like it
- Salary range: €45k - €60k (depending on experience)
- An indefinite contract. We value long-term relationships with our staff
- Great flexibility to enjoy however you prefer your 23 days of annual holidays (in addition to the regular bank holidays)
- Support for your continuing education and professional growth: books, workshops, conferences…
- An inclusive, supportive, and stable environment where your best work can happen. We focus on results, not long hours, so that you can have a life and don’t burn out
How to apply
Interested? If so, drop us an email and include:
- A cover letter describing your skills and why you would like to work with us.
- CV, links to your profiles in Github, LinkedIn, or similar.