Uizard is a Series A funded startup building an online collaborative, AI-powered design tool that empowers non-designers to easily design mobile apps, websites, and desktop software. We're backed by some of the world's best funds —Insight Partners, Mariano Suarez-Battan (CEO and Co-Founder of Mural), byFounders, LDV Capital, and av8 Ventures.
We're on a mission to democratize design to empower non-designers everywhere. To make it happen, we've partnered with individuals and teams at IBM, Tesla, Google, Samsung, and Atlassian, to name a few.
We’re a remote-first team, with uizards working across 10 countries and our hub in Copenhagen. You’ll be joining a values-driven, passionate team whose backgrounds include InVision, Amazon, Techstars, and Workable.
Do you love to automate internal processes to provide extraordinary solutions and an excellent customer experience? If yes, read on... You'll have the opportunity to work closely with our engineering teams and ensure the quality and performance of our systems at scale. You know that moving fast doesn't sacrifice performance, quality, scalability, and security. It energizes you. Lastly, you'll have the freedom to release open-source software, publish papers, and present at conferences. Still interested? Then this might be a magical match!
Impact you'll have in your first year:
- Be an integral part of our team, participating in the design and development of our systems on a day-to-day basis
- Design and implement highly scalable solutions
- Automate the deployment of our systems and monitor its performance and health
- Be part of a small team delivering end-to-end solutions
- Participate in the design and development of CI/CD pipelines of many different types of services
- Design infrastructure with security in mind
- Own the overall monitoring and support of infrastructure and services
- Bring new ideas and perspectives to existing and future projects
This is our wishlist. If you’re passionate about the role and feel that your experience prepares you to do it, we'd love for you to apply especially if you don't meet 100%.
SKILLS WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, in English
- 3+ years of working experience preferably in a DevOps or Backend Engineer role
- An engineering background with a deep understanding of computer science fundamentals
- Hands on experience with any major cloud provider. Preferably AWS
- Good understanding of networking technologies
- Background of building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins, CircleCI, Github actions, etc)
- Working experience with container orchestration and management technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, EKS, ECS, etc)
The salary range for the role is 40 000 to 80 000 EUR annually, with an equity range of 0.1% – 1.0%.
- 3+ years Linux systems administration skills Building and maintaining monitoring/logging/alerting stacks (ELK stack, Prometheus stack, Grafana, etc)
- "Infrastructure as code" solutions (Cloudformation, Terraform, Ansible, etc)
- Hashicorp stack (Vault, Packer, Nomad, etc).
- MongoDB and Redis
- Deploying and managing deep learning models and pipelines
- Interest in or basic understanding of modern AI (computer vision and deep learning)
WHY UIZARD IS UNIQUE
- Early-stage startup: You will join an early-stage startup with less than 50 team members. This means you'll have the unique opportunity to directly impact success and help shape the future of Uizard.
- Powering the decade of design: We're the world's first automated coding tool and we're on a mission to democratize design for everyone.
- Product-market Fit: We already have a strong product-market fit for non-designers.
- 13x Growth: We're a fast-growing (and culture intentional) startup, and we have big goals! You'll have the opportunity to impact Uizard's growth and help us achieve the next milestone in our journey.
- Learning: You'll experience unparalleled opportunities to learn, grow, and share your knowledge with others at Uizard and beyond.
WHAT UIZARD OFFERS
- Ability to work from Copenhagen HQ or fully remote (timezones UTC-/+3 for now)
- Flexible work schedule where you manage your own working hours
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 25 days of vacation, plus local holidays
- Monthly co-working space stipend if you're remote
- New MacBook (laptop), paid for by Uizard
- Annual retreats, fully paid for by Uizard
- Onsites in Copenhagen, flight and lodging paid for by Uizard
- Paid Parental Leave
- SWAG, we have some fun swag
BECOME A UIZARD!
Not sure if it’s a good fit? We’d still love for you to apply! Here’s what our hiring process looks like:
- Submit your application. It includes your resume and thoughtful responses to the application questions.
- We review your application based on skills, experience, and your responses.
- Interview with Marek Miltner, Head of Engineering.
- Technical interview with Alexandros Solanos, team lead of the infrastructure team and Ioannis Sintos, co-founder and CIO.
- Culture Interview with two additional members of the team.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Uizard. We welcome applications from all backgrounds, and don’t discriminate on the basis of gender (including pregnancy and child-related leave), race or color, religion, belief, or political opinion, sexual orientation, age, ability, and national, social, or ethnic origin.