Hotjar is the leading solution for product teams who want to go beyond traditional web and product analytics so they can empathize with and understand their users—to connect the dots between what's happening and why it happens, so people can improve their user experiences and create customer delight.
That’s where you come in. We’re looking for our next content designer to help shape the strategic direction of impactful, cross-platform work. Of course, that comes with designing interface copy that's clear, efficient, empowering, and meaningful. You'll incorporate writing best practices and use language as your primary tool, but your reach won't be limited to text.
Content designers at Hotjar dig deep into problem spaces and opportunities, so you'll get to collaborate with folks in many teams and departments to shape solutions or introduce completely new capabilities.
In this specific role, you'll report to the Content Design Lead and work closest with product managers, UX researchers, designers, and engineers focused on stuff like growth, monetization, and some things we can't say out loud yet.
Even though this area spans horizontally across the Hotjar platform, your focus will only be on the priorities within these workstreams. You'll be a partner—not a service desk. When you’re not pairing with your home squads, you’ll be part of the small-but-spicy content design team and participate in content-only initiatives to grow the discipline and the people within it.
As a content designer, you will:
- Partner with a maximum of 3–5 designers to design experiences from start to finish
- Audit content within your focus areas, propose improvements, and initiate experiment opportunities that align with the team’s business goals
- Use research, data, background information, and existing standards to make decisions and create solutions that make Hotjar measurably better
- Follow and help evolve content guidelines, best practices, and glossaries to scale the goodness of inclusive, accessible, consistent writing
- Plan content discovery work that brings users’ content needs to the forefront
- Balance the Hotjar voice with messaging priorities and empathy for the person on the other side of the screen
- Prioritize content work that creates a great user experience and generates a business impact
- Share ideas, successes, and knowledge to build trust and extend the reach of the discipline overall
We’re excited to work with someone who:
- Knows how to analyze a problem, consider research and data, then propose and deliver a solution
- Has experience writing for global audiences and collaborating on localization efforts
- Takes a values-based, people-first approach to writing for product content
- Can explain and justify content recommendations or decisions using evidence
- Can build and navigate various stakeholder and collaborator relationships
- Knows and applies basic design principles and methods to their work
- Is excited to try things, fail, learn, and iterate without getting stuck on “perfection”
Some other requirements you should know about:
- Hotjar is big on values. You should want to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment and be excited to follow the company values, culture, and ways of working
- You’ll have to complete a background check. It’s confidentially processed by a third-party partner
The compensation range for this role is €55,000 to €75,000 annually. The offer typically falls in the range of €60,000 to €70,000. This was established after performing market research and is aligned with our approach to compensation. We encourage all candidates to read our Recruitment FAQs to further understand our approach to compensation and how we structure our contracts.
In addition to the monetary compensation, we provide all team members with an assortment of unique and popular perks valued at more than €10,000 a year, plus stock options and 40 days of vacation. These have been chosen to reflect our values and ideals, be it encouraging constant learning with our Personal Development Budget, a great work/life balance with the annual leave and Holiday Budget, or a happy, healthy team with our Wellbeing Budget.
Hotjar compensation approach
Our ranges are established after performing market research but the specific compensation amount of the offer will be determined based on relative experience, skills, and equity across the team. We encourage all candidates to read our Recruitment FAQs to further understand our approach to compensation and how we structure our contracts.
In addition to the monetary compensation, we provide all team members with an assortment of unique and popular perks valued at more than €10,000 a year, plus stock options and 40 days of annual leave. These have been chosen to reflect our values and ideals, be it encouraging constant learning with our Personal Development Budget, a great work/life balance with the Holiday Budget, or a happy, healthy team with our Wellbeing Budget.
Here at Hotjar, we welcome team members of all backgrounds, identities, and experiences. Working with respect is built into our core values: we are honest, tolerant, and inclusive. We celebrate the uniqueness and strength found in diversity. We all commit to creating a safe working environment and are allies to those less privileged. And we fully believe that living by these values helps us to make our company, and our product, better.