Customer support specialist
Your mission: Foster exceptional customer experiences across our range of products.We're building a people-obsessed company. With users numbering in the millions, providing stellar customer support isn’t always an easy task. To take us to the next level, we’re looking for the right person: someone who’s ready to be on the front line, providing world-class, concierge-level customer support to our users.
A few examples of your responsibilities
- Obsess over the satisfaction of our users by responding to requests in the most helpful and empathetic manner possible. This is normally done in writing, and typically in English.
- Champion a user-centric approach when it comes to product.
- Identify frequent issues and opportunities, and share feedback with the relevant teams so that we can keep improving our products.
- Represent Bending Spoons in addressing users’ product reviews, collecting insights into which of our features are the most (and the least!) appreciated.
- Prepare FAQs, and improve our customer care notes and document support.
What we look for
- Passion. You love what you do, and your enthusiasm never wavers with the specifics of a given task or team. Whether you’re on a plane, train, or sofa, odds are that you’ll be found with your nose in a book or article on the subject.
- Communication skills. You can pose questions with clarity and explain your reasoning concisely.
- Diligence. You’re conscientious and can be depended on to carry out your duties with rigor. You’re energetic and persevere until the job is done, and done impeccably.
- Humility. You’re down to earth, eager to listen to feedback and constructive criticism, and ready to support your team with whatever it needs to succeed.
- Accuracy and precision. Your attention to detail is spot-on, and you’re painstakingly accurate.
- Organization and structure. You’re meticulously organized and superbly structured, so you can handle multiple tasks and responsibilities with poise and precision.
- A collaborative nature. You can understand others and work well with them, balancing patience and assertiveness.
- Common sense. Your judgment and intuition are sound and well grounded in reality.
- Proficiency in English. You read, write, and speak proficiently in English.
What we offer
- Make a difference. Be the owner of your effort—from day one, you’re one of the team and fully trusted to take responsibility for your tasks. You’ll have every incentive to make a major impact.
- International reach. We’re a global company, and your work will have worldwide exposure.
- Flexibility and trust. From day one, you’ll be one of the team and fully trusted. No micromanagement or clipping your wings—just the freedom and responsibility to do great work.
- Remote working. Spend as much or as little time in our Milan office as you choose. Many Spooners like to change up their environment and get out of the city whenever the mood strikes. You’ve always got the freedom to decide where today’s office is.
- Flexible schedule. Our regular hours are 9-6 GMT+1, but this isn’t a “clock in, clock out” company. You’re fully trusted to create the right conditions for your own personal peak productivity. We only ask that you’re available to your teammates a good chunk of the day (six hours or so). That’s why it’s generally best to be based somewhere with a similar time zone—between GMT-2 and GMT+3.
- Lots. Of. Fun. Our incredible People Operations team organizes awesome events, such as team games, drinks, yoga classes, parties, and regular company-wide retreats. Recent destinations include Bali, Mauritius, and Tanzania.
- Talented, knowledgeable colleagues. Learn from (and teach) some of the brightest and most skilled people you’ll ever meet. Your talent is going to blossom here.
- The finest tools. You get the best hardware on the market and all the software you could need. We can't wait to introduce you to our high-tech approach and our cutting-edge workflows.
- Continuous education. Spooners get unlimited backing for learning investments, including Italian or English lessons and things like courses, conferences, and books. There’s no permission or approval process—you’re fully trusted to use the company’s resources efficiently.
- Competitive salary and stock options. Our compensation package is highly competitive, and can grow rapidly and include stock options, depending on your performance and seniority.
The selection process
If you successfully pass through our screening process, we’ll invite you to take on a few tests that assess how you approach and solve unfamiliar problems. If you’re successful there, we’ll invite you to take part in some interviews. We welcome applications in English and Italian.Bending Spoons is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We consider for employment all applicants and we provide reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities, which can be requested at firstname.lastname@example.org.Studies suggest that women tend not to apply for a job if their CV isn’t a perfect fit. Here, we look for talent and potential—not just experience and expertise. So if you like the role and think you could be awesome at it, go ahead and apply.