Elastic is a free and open search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real-time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
Elastic is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Manager - Sales FP&A to join our Finance team. In this position, you will play a crucial role in driving financial analysis, strategic decision-making, and operational support for EMEA and APJ within our organization reporting directly to the Sr Director - Field Finance. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with a strong background in finance and a passion for sales analytics!
- Build and maintain insightful analytics and reporting for sales pipeline analysis, enabling data-driven decision-making and identifying trends and opportunities.
- Conduct ad hoc analysis to support pivotal initiatives and provide practical insights to senior management.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to evaluate investment opportunities, assess trade-offs, and provide financial recommendations.
- Prepare and participate in annual interlock and planning discussions, providing financial insights and supporting the decision-making process.
- Assist in tracking and analyzing travel and entertainment expenses at the geography level to ensure compliance and cost optimization.
- Coordinate the management and tracking of purchase orders (POs) for the geography, ensuring accurate financial reporting and adherence to budgetary guidelines.
- Collaborate with HR and business leaders to manage headcount requisitions for the geography, ensuring alignment with budgetary constraints and strategic objectives.
- Additional Tasks: As Elastic continues to expand, you will have the opportunity to tackle additional responsibilities and contribute to the evolving needs of the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or a related field. MBA or advanced finance degree preferred.
- A total of 6-8 years of professional experience. 4-6 years of proven experience in finance, sales finance, or FP&A.
- Strong financial modeling and analytical skills, with the ability to translate sophisticated data into practical insights.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively communicate financial information to both financial and non-financial stakeholders.
- Proficiency in financial planning systems and tools, such as Google sheets, Clari, Salesforce, and other business intelligence platforms.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong eye for business and critical thinking, with a focus on driving financial performance and optimizing resources.
- Experience in the technology industry or SaaS business models is a plus.
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
We welcome individuals with disabilities and strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all individuals. To request an accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org We will reply to your request within 24 business hours of submission.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below: Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision Poster; Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster and Know Your Rights (Poster)
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.