We are looking for a Full Stack Developer to produce scalable software solutions. You’ll be part of a cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment. As a Full Stack Developer, you should be comfortable around both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks, and third-party libraries. You should also be a team player with a knack for visual design and utility.
💡 Interested in applying?
🔍 Please read/follow the next steps outlined in "How to Apply" at the bottom of this listing.
Attention to detail is one of our core values! This is your chance to stand out :)
Common responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Own overall feature development, ensuring your work meets the agreed upon acceptance criteria.
- Design and build reliable systems that handle high volumes of data.
- Work closely with Product to spec out the technical aspects of a feature from inception through delivery.
- Delivering high quality and scalable software that is unit tested, integration tested, code reviewed, and checked in regularly for continuous integration.
- Continuously improve existing codebases, identifying key opportunities for refactoring and performance improvement.
- Providing feedback and peer review for other developers.
- Communicating with the team and supporting your peers.
- 3+ years of professional software development experience.
- Work across our product, on both the back-end (Nodejs, PHP) and front-end (ReactJs).
- Advanced proficiency with backend technology (Node.js, expressjs, PHP, MYSQL, MongoDB, OOP, autoloading, namespacing, traits, interfaces, etc).
- Familiarity with front- end technology (ReactJs, TypeScript, vanilla JS, ES6, HTML, CSS, jQuery etc)
- Familiarity experience with WordPress plugin development, architecture, and standards
- Experience designing and building public APIs, with an emphasis on clarity and developer experience.
- Experience with build tools like webpack, babel, and gulp and package managers such as Composer and NPM.
- Familiar with microservices architectures.
- Experience working with third-party APIs (Eg Stripe, Drip, Zapier, etc) and CMS (WordPress, Shopify, etc).
- Knowledge of git-based source control systems e.g GitHub, code review tools, CI tools, etc.
- Knowledge and experience in AWS, Lambdas, EC2, Docker, etc.
- Experience with unit, integration, and end-to-end testing.
- Personal Computer with internet access.
- Availability to participate in audio/video meetings at any time needed during work hours
Working for a fast-growing bootstrapped company is a rare opportunity, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. Our positions are challenging, but also come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. Here’s what we offer.
- Competitive Salary.
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance benefits for full-time U.S. employees.
- Health Insurance benefits for all employees in India, Pakistan, Brazil, and Ukraine.
- Work from your home. We’re spread out all over the world – the United States, Canada, Ukraine, India, Pakistan, Singapore and more.
- Unlimited PTO after 90 days of employment. We encourage employees to take the time they need for vacation, to stay healthy, and to spend time with friends and family.
- Paid maternity and paternity leave.
- We happily provide or reimburse software you’ll need as well as books or courses that promote continued learning.
- We give you the opportunity to solve challenging and meaningful problems that make a difference.
- Custom branded laptop at your five year anniversary.
- We cover all costs of company travel (including our annual all-company retreat and mini-team meetups).
- Ability to work with some of the best people in the business through frequent, if not daily, interactions.
- And in case you were wondering: no politics, no b.s., and no jerks
This is a remote position - our team is spread around the globe! Our home base is in Florida, USA, so company operating hours are 9am - 5pm ET (UTC -5). While full coverage is not a requirement, you must be available during a portion of the day.
At Awesome Motive, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. Awesome Motive is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
How to apply?
If all of this sounds interesting, then please submit your application!
Also note, don't forget to proofread before submitting. Check spelling, capitalization, etc. This is your chance to make your application stand out :)
We won’t be able to individually respond to all applications, but if we feel you’re a strong match, someone will be in touch shortly.
Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you!