Marketing UX Designer
We're looking for a Marketing UX Designer to join our fully remote and mission-driven team.
Buffer is a platform of social media products made for small businesses and creators. Our mission is to provide essential tools to help small businesses get off the ground and grow. Through exceptional customer service and uplifting content, we help companies believe they can succeed and do good along the way.
We’re a fully distributed team, and we’ve always aimed to do things a little differently at Buffer. Since the early days, we’ve had a focus on building one of the most unique and fulfilling workplaces by rethinking a lot of traditional practices. Our passion for making meaningful connections flows through everything we do.
Our team is made up of amazing individuals who hail from startups to the theatre from all over the world - we value diverse and non-traditional backgrounds and encourage all those who are interested in joining the journey to apply.
We're united by Buffer's values, and we celebrate our unique differences. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment and are actively working on building a culture where underrepresented groups are truly welcomed and can flourish.
About the role
As a Marketing UX Designer, you will champion the creative strategy and design initiatives for Buffer’s Marketing team. You are a user-focused marketing designer who is excited to contribute to the evolution of how we represent Buffer’s growing brand and product to the world. You are a strategic, innovative thinker, who is also ready and excited to design effective marketing experiences across web and mobile channels.
Who you'll work with
In this role, you’ll report to the Director of Growth and Product Marketing within Buffer’s agile marketing team. Day-to-day you’ll work closely with other members of the marketing team, as well as third-party consultants, to grow Buffer’s brand awareness and user acquisition strategy through visual design and UX.
As the sole designer for Marketing, you’ll have an opportunity to drive impact for various areas of Buffer’s marketing design, including Product Marketing, Social, Content, and Growth Marketing. You will also work closely with our Product Design team of four product designers to grow your craft and ensure cohesion between marketing and product design.
- Champion creative design for Buffer’s Marketing team - Collaborate across Marketing and Product to translate strategy and user insights into the creative direction for Buffer’s brand and our marketing initiatives.
- Own Buffer’s marketing design - Create cohesive and engaging marketing creative for Buffer’s marketing campaigns, including digital assets for email, web, social, and paid channels.
- Contribute to the evolution of buffer.com - Become the default owner of our visual style featured on buffer.com - ensuring that buffer.com stays contemporary, performant, and engaging for our users.
- Create systems to decentralize design - Evolve our design system and create a suite of creative assets for the Marketing team to leverage across multiple mediums and channels. Enable the team by contributing visual/brand standards and re-usable web components to our web platform, in close collaboration with Marketing Engineering.
- Champion user empathy within the Marketing team - Collaborate closely with Product Marketing on our qualitative user research methodology, tooling, and analysis process that informs our marketing and creative strategy.
- Collaborate effectively with the Marketing team - Work effectively with various marketing stakeholders to translate requirements into solutions, while maintaining strong communication and accountability with your teams.
- You have a strong understanding of creative marketing principles and proven application of these principles to various marketing channels across web and mobile.
- You have outstanding visual design skills and understand how to design creative that makes people look, click, and convert.
- You have experience working on marketing campaigns and product launches, which required design assets across several marketing channels in a cohesive and efficient manner.
- You are comfortable designing for web, with an emphasis on accessibility, performance, and UX principles.
- You have prior experience in a similar role, either as part of an agency or in-house, preferably at a SaaS company.
- You have demonstrated proficiency with design and prototyping tools (Figma, Photoshop, etc), as well as knowledge of working with various mediums such as web, social, email, blogs and ads.
- You excel at working in agile, collaborative team environments and are comfortable navigating projects with multiple stakeholders and crafts.
- A bias towards action with an ability to have a high output. You’re resourceful, proactive, and a team player.
Perks and Benefits
💰 Competitive salary: Our salary formula adjusts to your cost of living and experience. For this role, the range is $102,800 - $125,800 USD.
🏝 Work remotely: Live and work wherever you like!
🗓 4-Day workweeks: Our schedule is four workdays, with a flexible, meeting-free fifth day for overflow tasks or personal time as you see fit.
💪 Health insurance: We offer health insurance for all of our team members, international or US.
💻 Home office setup: Get a laptop + $500 to set up your home office!
👓 'Growth mindset' fund: Extra money for learning and development.
⛺️ Minimum vacation: At least 3 weeks/year!
💵 Savings plan match: With 3% company match
📈 Profit sharing: When the company does well, all team members share the profits!
🍼 Family leave: 16 weeks of family leave for all parents, fully paid
📚 Free books: Get a free Kindle and all the free books - digital, physical, and audio - you like, anytime.
⛱ Sabbaticals: Take a 6-week break, fully paid, after every 5 years with Buffer.
Apply for the job
Do you believe you're a fit for this role and want to join the Buffer team? Then we'd love to hear about you!
Here's what the hiring process will look like:
- Apply to join the team through the form below. Don't be alarmed if you don't hear from us for the first week or two after submitting your application.
- An interview with the Hiring Manager, Simon
- Take-home exercise to evaluate design capabilities.
- An interview with the Head of Communications, Hailley, and the Head of Design, Martin.
- An interview with our Founder and CEO, Joel.
At Buffer, we value diversity of thought and understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
Buffer's mission is to provide essential tools to help small businesses get off the ground and grow. Through exceptional customer service and uplifting content, we help businesses believe they can succeed and do good along the way. Our website