Mixed-Method UX Researcher
Please do not apply for this role if you are not physically located in Europe, Africa or the Middle East (UTC-1 to UTC+3). While this is a remote position, we can not consider candidates that are not based in these regions. You can find a detailed explanation in our Recruitment FAQs.
At Hotjar, we’re creating Product Experience Insights software for digital product teams. We help show how users behave and what they feel strongly about, so product teams can deliver real value, fast.
The Product Research Team. We make impactful decisions possible by creating understanding and empathy for our customers. We help product teams to make decisions in order to release the tools and features that our customers will love.
On the Conversions tribe, we have a focus to minimise friction in customer’s buying journey to reduce time to value while striking the right price to value balance.
Reporting to our Product Research Lead, we’re looking for a passionate and motivated Mixed-methods Researcher able to oversee the voice of the user across various product teams.
Across different squads that focus on the user experience early in the funnel, you will lead strategic research end to end as well as enable and support those running tactical research within those teams.
What you'll do:
- Design and execute discovery research projects using both quantitative and qualitative practices, and convert the findings into actionable insights that make our product experiences measurably better.
- Partner with marketing & analytics to make sure you tell holistic customer stories that help us make the best decisions.
- Collaborate with product, experience design and engineering leads to identify and ensure strategic priorities are well-defined as well as set up to achieve a high impact.
- Support and enable your product teams in performing necessary primary research as well as synthesising secondary research.
- Work on research deliverables that can be shared across the organisation: user personas, empathy maps, customer mapping, allowing our team to build a product strategy that is aligned with the voice of our user.
- Communicate results and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways to a broad and diverse audience including executive stakeholders, and across organisational boundaries.
What you should bring to the table:
- Proven experience with quantitative research methods: Experience with different methodologies and analyses of surveys. Familiarity with basic statistical methods and the ability to apply them.
- Experience conducting qualitative research in a corporate environment, including concept-testing, usability, interviews, diary studies.
- Ability to pull in industry trends, market research and benchmarking to surface actionable insights.
- Familiarity with experiments and macro- and micro-optimisations for conversions of different types.
- Experience working autonomously and transversely across teams. Well-versed in both coordination and execution of research projects.
- Experience in educating product teams in research, enabling and supporting them when performing tactical research.
- Demonstrated ability to promote insights across groups, multiple squads, and tribes.
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar’s company values, culture and ways of working.
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third-party.
Your Journey to Success:
- After 1 month: You'll have completed your Hotjar onboarding and feel fully set up in the Conversion tribe.
- After 3 months: You'll be identifying and creating research priorities and gaps.
- After 1 year: You'll be developing and delivering impactful research that informs decisions for the company.
The compensation range for this role is €60,000 to €80,000 for Mid-level or €75,000-€100,000 for Senior annually, where the starting offer typically falls in the range of €63,000 to €68,000 for Mid-level and €80,000 to €85,000 for Senior.
Hotjar compensation approach
Our ranges are established after performing market research but the specific compensation amount of the offer will be determined based on relative experience, skills, and equity across the team. We encourage all candidates to read our Recruitment FAQs to further understand our approach to compensation and how we structure our contracts.
In addition to the monetary compensation, we provide all team members with an assortment of unique and popular perks valued at more than €10,000 a year, plus stock options and 40 days of annual leave. These have been chosen to reflect our values and ideals, be it encouraging constant learning with our Personal Development Budget, a great work/life balance with the Holiday Budget, or a happy, healthy team with our Wellbeing Budget.
Here at Hotjar, we welcome team members of all backgrounds, identities, and experiences. Working with respect is built into our core values: we are honest, tolerant, and inclusive. We celebrate the uniqueness and strength found in diversity. We all commit to creating a safe working environment and are allies to those less privileged. And we fully believe that living by these values helps us to make our company, and our product, better.