Senior Backend Developer - Node
Bitfinex is a digital asset trading platform offering state-of-the-art services for digital currency traders and global liquidity providers.
Founded in 2012, Bitfinex was one of the first professional platforms set up to accommodate for the booming interest in cryptocurrency trading. Since then, our team has gained invaluable experience whilst cementing our spot as the go-to platform for digital asset traders and institutions.
Our aim is to create a free and accessible global digital economy by disrupting the current financial services industry.
Our team is entirely remote, composed of individuals with an ownership mentality; no one waits to be told what to do. Each member of the team is a highly motivated self-starter that is comfortable with autonomy and believes in lifelong learning. When we’re not working, we’re dreaming about it. We place our egos aside and thrive within a culture that fosters one another from the birth of a concept to launch of a product.
At Bitfinex you have the freedom to work as you please - all that matters is execution.
Join us and help lay the foundation for a decentralized future.
As a senior Backend Developer, you will be a part of the team that works on the development of the backend components of all Bitfinex Services (main trading application, Bitfinex Pay, Lightning Network support, Blockchain integrations, ….). This includes:
- New Products and Features - Bitfinex continuously strives to create innovative new features in order to provide the most professional trading experience for customers. These are developed and deployed using agile methodologies, to ensure the user experience remains the best in the industry.
- Scalability - all backend services that power Bitfinex platform must remain effortlessly smooth, responsive, and real-time for customers as the platform continues to scale to accommodate new user growth. A good example are the renown Bitfinex API, the most solid, low-latency and complete in our industry.
- Security - Bitfinex makes Security its most important feature. The Backend Development team is responsible for building all the API services and backend processes with the highest security principles and standard, in order to protect the safety of the entire user base.
- Familiar with microservices architecture
- Have actively participated in the development of a complex platform
- Good experience in interacting with databases (MySQL, MongoDB)
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Good understanding of security practices
Nice to have
- Experience with blockchain integration
- Comfortable with high-availability concepts
- Ruby, Rust or C++ skills are a plus
- Other technologies of interest: Message queues (Redis), Caches and Job Queues