Exciting news - Mixmax hit $12 million in annual revenue and we’re profitable! We just raised more money and are looking to invest more to accelerate growth.
We’re hiring a product-focused software engineer with deep backend expertise and strong attention to detail. As a Senior Backend Engineer, you’ll build the next generation of Mixmax features, scale distributed systems to handle millions of events, and drive quality across a large codebase, all as part of a globally distributed team. You'll also be responsible for improving and strengthening the foundation of our system, improving our team's developer experience, addressing our organisational security needs, and participating in collaborative decision-making about our architecture.
We’re hiring a Senior Backend Engineer for our Automation team.
Team Automation is a cross-functional product team behind Sequences - a core Mixmax feature most customers use to automate their communication with existing and prospective clients. We are looking for a senior backend engineer to join our team and help us scale Sequences to ten times as many customers as we currently have.
We are currently 3 BE, 2 FE engineers, an engineering manager, a product manager, and a product designer.
Being a distributed team, we try to work asynchronously, with only a few team meetings during the week (daily, planning, retrospective, etc). We mainly use Jira and Slack to communicate, and our tech stack is Node, Mongodb, React, and AWS. We are looking for a senior engineer complement the team, someone who is willing to learn and share with the team and help us take our product to the next level!
Within Three Months, You'll
- Contribute to the modernization of the Mixmax architecture
- Understand your team’s domain
- Release big features in small, self-contained increments and evaluate their success using data
- Make impactful improvements to your team’s payloads running in production
Within Six Months, You'll
- Contribute to the development of critical projects while working closely with other engineers
- Work with your team to improve our architectural patterns, scalability, and developer experience
- Contribute to the culture of a growing team.
- Join our on-call rotation
Preferred Skills and Background
- Experience with highly scaled, data-intensive SaaS products built on AWS. A good working knowledge of several database technologies is required
- Strong Agile skills; able to facilitate some Agile ceremonies
- Mixmax is still growing fast, so we love new teammates who strive to grow personally and professionally beyond just expanding their technical abilities
- We take pride in the quality of our work, so we're looking for engineers with experience maintaining and supporting the systems they've built
- We're a distributed team in multiple time zones, so excellent documentation and communication skills are paramount!
It’s Also Awesome (But 100% Not a Requirement!) For You To Have
- Worked with an event-driven system
- Data-driven, customer-centric mindset
- Domain-driven design and TDD skills
- The ability to refer other great engineers to work at Mixmax! 😉
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Mixmax, we know that nobody's perfect and that no one ever matches 100% with a job description. That's okay—we're human after all! Diversity and inclusion are core to our culture and we're actively committed to building a more inclusive and open workplace. No matter your background or how you identify, if you're excited about this role, we encourage you to apply.
The Mixmax Story
At Mixmax, our vision is a world without busywork. Since our launch in 2015, Mixmax has become the product of choice for over 10,000 Sales and Customer Success teams to eliminate and automate repetitive work. This means more time to focus on what matters: engaging and serving the needs of customers.
We’re extraordinarily proud of the company we’ve built. We’re a driven, passionate, responsible group that values personal and professional growth equally. We take care of ourselves, our families, our customers, and one another. We believe in sustainable and diverse approaches to work and life, because optimizing for the long-term is the best path to success.
Our company is globally distributed, with remote team members worldwide. We offer competitive salaries, meaningful equity, and generous benefits. And with Mixmax, you get to work on a product people love.
We are not considering US applications at the time being.