Jack’s Flight Club is a fully remote business with team members all over the world. We’re committed to uncovering outrageous deals on flights, removing the barriers to travel and unlocking ways to make our members’ travel goals happen, reaching places they never thought possible, going on more vacations, taking more adventures or visiting friends and family across the globe.
We are looking for a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer to join our development team. We need a commercially experienced software developer who can contribute to making our services, platform and mobile applications better for our 1,000,000+ members and internal users.
- NodeJS, MongoDB, Redis for our API backend
- React and Angular web applications for internal tools and consumer facing services
- Capacitor mobile app for iOS and Android
We also work with a range of third party service providers to provide tools and services via APIs and automations.
As a full stack developer, you can expect to work on projects covering any aspect of our systems so be open to learn and share your knowledge! You’ll be contributing quickly and significantly to our development sprints, working on new features and resolving issues across the platform as needed.
You’ll also participate in architecture, design and estimation sessions, brainstorming solutions and approaches to business problems.
The purpose of this role is to provide high quality technology solutions efficiently, that make a real difference to us and our members. As a senior member of the team you’ll be expected to lead projects, and provide training and mentorship for the more junior members of the team.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Generating, reviewing, deploying and supporting professional quality, commercial code that is efficient and effective and solves business problems.
- Actively contributing towards improving our tools, process and platform.
- Supporting other engineering team members, responding to and asking for help.
- Seeking out and creating clarity in technical design.
We’d like you to be a solution oriented developer who enjoys problem solving and being an active contributor to challenge thinking and approaches.
You’ll be joining a small team working fully remotely so you’ll need to be comfortable working independently, able to self-organise and be disciplined in your working practices.
It can be hard to work remotely, so you’ll need to be committed to great communication, willing to suggest and make changes and improvements that make you and the team better every day.
Experience and Requirements
You must have at least 4 years of commercial experience as a developer and be able to demonstrate professional competence with:
- Deploying and maintaining NodeJS applications within a cloud platform (AWS would be a plus)
- Frontend web frameworks (React or Angular would be a plus)
- One or more database technologies - SQL or NoSQL (MongoDB would be a plus)
- Containerisation with Docker
- CI/CD (Experience with GitHub would be a plus)
- Exploring, documenting, and testing APIs
Although we have team members all over the world, English is the company’s first language, so you must have good conversational and technical spoken and written English language skills.
We’d like it if you also have some of the following:
- Experience with mobile app development and deployment (experience with Capacitor/Cordova/PhoneGap would be a plus)
- Experience using Terraform to manage infrastructure.
- Can show you have a passion for code and technology e.g. contributing to open source projects, or work on personal projects.
- A willingness to learn new things and implement latest technologies
- An interest in travel
To apply for this role, submit your details in this application form. No questions asking you to repeat stuff in your CV, promise :-)