Senior Golang Engineer (Temporary)
We are looking for a Senior Golang Engineer to support our Integrations Team part-time for a period of 1 year. The Integrations Team maintains several Golang microservices that our customers rely on to be able to import essential data from various third-party billing services. At the moment we’re in the process of migrating these microservices into a new architecture based on our core tech stack of Ruby on Rails — but in the meantime, we need support from a Golang expert to help us keep our existing microservices up to date and running smoothly.
This is a part-time (~20 hours per week), freelance, remote position. The maximum anticipated contract length is 12 months — however, if you also have expertise and interest in our primary Ruby on Rails tech stack, and if our business needs align, a transition to a future full-time position might be a possibility.
- Become the go-to person for any questions or problems involving our Go microservices
- Work closely with our Product Manager, Customer Success Team, and Integrations Team to investigate and resolve customer issues related to our Go microservices
- Implement bug fixes and enhancements to our Go microservices as needed
- Improve documentation of existing features for our Go microservices
- Support the Integrations Team in researching key functionalities of our Go microservices so that they can be replicated in the new architecture
- Monitor & evaluate our Go microservices to ensure reliability and accuracy, and ideally head off problems before they occur
This is a part-time, temporary, remote position. Please note that we are only able to consider applicants who are eligible to work in the EU at this time.
- 3+ years of experience in software engineering
- Advanced knowledge of Go
- Good knowledge of the fundamentals of software development
- Experience working with REST APIs
- Experience with asynchronous data processing in the cloud, database optimization, parallelism, and thread-safety
- Comfort using tools like Git, Docker, and BASH
- Exposure to e-commerce, invoicing, billing systems, or subscriptions
- Experience working as a remote Software Engineer
- Fluent English
- Timezone UTC+0 to UTC+2
- Great at diving into a complex system with limited context and finding your way around
- Always ready to pitch in and help, and invested in resolving our customers’ problems in the smoothest and most efficient way possible
- Able to explain complex technical details in writing, and always up for collaborating and working through challenges with your colleagues
- Initial call with our tech recruiter
- Interview with our Team Lead and a team member
- Meet our VP of Engineering
- Reference checks
As a global, distributed workforce in over 20 countries, we know good ideas come from all over. Our different backgrounds, strengths, identities, and experiences make our product and company better. That's why we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaboration and innovation.