Do you have a soft spot for profitable companies with a meaningful, globally used and loved product? Would you like to work within a compact, super-capable team in a refreshing work environment? Would you like to work on an application that is changing the way we learn and communicate? Drops could be the place for you.
Our goal at Drops is to ensure effective language learning through a delightful, seamless, gamified experience. We strive to be the #1 app for vocabulary learning. Our app has been live on the App Store for 8 years, covering 50 languages, serving over 35 million users across the globe and has been featured on both the App Store (App of the Day) and Play Store (App of the Year in 2018). Drops has also been featured by TechCrunch, FastCo, Forbes, CNN, Bloomberg, VentureBeat and many, many more. In short, we’re a tiny but very powerful team spread (mostly) across Europe, achieving great things the remote way! In December 2020, Drops was acquired by Kahoot!, the world’s leading game-based learning platform. Check us out here: https://languagedrops.com
What you’ll be working on
- Lead design projects across the entire product lifecycle to help drive impact on engagement, retention and conversion for the Drops products.
- Take part in defining the vision for the Drops user experience and work closely with the product guild on enriching the product strategy.
- Ensure the Drops experience delivers the right balance of user-centricity, learner efficiency and gamification value.
- Work with developers, QA engineers, product managers, UX writers and data analysts within an agile cross-functional team.
- Be autonomous, take full ownership of your work, and take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
- Solve product and design problems ranging from new major features, content discovery and learning challenges, to partnership opportunities and monetisation spikes
- Optimise and create onboarding and monetisation user journeys that delight and convert
- Build and combine flows, user stories, sketches, wireframes, rapid prototypes, pixel-perfect specs, and organise usability and user-testing sessions when relevant
- Excel in UI / visual design, create solid visual layouts that are on brand aligned to the design system with rapid efficiency
- Collaborate with in-house graphic designers and illustrators for producing visuals that can exist within UI designs
- Take into account existing insights, technical constraints, business needs and platform demands to produce informed solutions.
- Help establish and expand the Drops design system and guidelines with the goal to keep our product consistent and the design debt low.
What you’ll bring along
- 5+ years experience as a Product Designer and a great portfolio to share.
- Experience working with consumer facing products distributed to millions.
- Passionate about app design (iOS and Android), motion and your craft.
- Fluent in Figma and generally experienced in relevant tools
- Hands-on experience with Jira and Confluence.
- Demonstrated desire to build and ship digital products that customers will love.
- Experience working with agile product development processes with cross-functional teams
- Self organising and excellent communicator.
- Experience with metrics-focused approach to measuring success.
- Comfortable working alone and autonomously in remote environment .
- Hands-on can-do approach combined with structured competencies.
- Bonus points for experience in: Education, language learning or gamification.
- Bonus for having worked in a remote Product Designer role previously.
- Bonus for experience working in a product onboarding domain as well as with monetisation
- Fluency in English is a must.
- All the perks of remote working
- An awesomely compact team of around 30
- Yearly educational allowance
- High-end Apple hardware and ergonomic accessories
- 36 days of holiday per year
- Regular opportunities to meet the Drops team and the wider Kahoot! team in person
PS: Hey, this is Irma, I’ll be the one looking at your application. We’re looking for people who want to work for Drops, not just any old company. That’s why I’ll be looking out for short, personal notes instead of copy paste cover letters that tell me what you like about Drops and what you’re hoping working with us would give you. Please add your favourite animal to your application - just to make sure you read right through to the very end of the job description.