Qualio is on a mission to empower life science teams to launch and scale life-saving products. We’re doing that by building a connected and integrated quality management platform for the entire life science ecosystem. Qualio is trusted by 100s of highly regulated international customers, ranging from the bleeding edge of computational biology and machine learning to household names in mRNA vaccine development.
The Qualio team is an all-remote, globally distributed workforce with teammates in over ten countries.
What’s the opportunity?
We are looking for a Senior UX Designer who will be joining our growing Product team. Together with product managers and engineers you will shape the user experience of Qualio and make a difference through helping life-saving products to get to market. You will focus on specific product areas and you will own all design-related aspects: from concept all the way to production design. You will also have an opportunity to improve the experience working on features that span the entire product. You will be able to use qualitative and quantitative data to drive your design decisions and validate your ideas with customers. We are looking for someone who enjoys a start-up environment where there are plenty of opportunities to bring their experience, creativity and entrepreneurial spirit - and have a critical impact on the user experience.
What will I be doing?
- Design simple, elegant, user-centric experiences that delight users and achieve their goals.
- Define the Qualio user experience, interactions, and user interface through user flows, information architecture and visual design.
- Test and validate design decisions against internal stakeholders and customers with mockups / prototypes throughout the design process.
- Influence how we work by helping establish best design practices/operations
- Ensure the quality and delivery of the user experience of the product in collaboration with engineering.
What skills do I need?
- 3-5 years of experience as a UX/UI/Interaction Designer role building B2B products from concept to completion managers and engineers to deliver solutions that solve the customer problem
- Passion for the OOUX framework (also known as conceptual modeling or conceptual design), or a focus on early-stage UX work
- Has led large complex initiatives within organizations that involve multiple stakeholders and teams
- Strong storyteller who can develop concepts to delight customers and deliver business results
- A compelling portfolio of work that demonstrates high-quality design work and deep design thinking
- Skilled ‘visual’ designer who can help shape and add to the developing product design style.
- Highly skilled in Figma (design systems, prototyping)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (in English)
- You live and work in the UK or an EU country without visa restrictions or requiring sponsorship.
- Experience in the Life Sciences industry.
- Experience developing design systems and component libraries
- Comfortable sharing your work via video recordings with any size audience.
- Outside the box thinking that questions the future of the product vision.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible holidays
- Unlimited PTO
- Professional development stipend
- Working space allowance / home office budget
- Opportunity to make a difference through helping life-saving products to get to market
A note to candidates:
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every single one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company and we are most interested in finding the BEST candidate for the job. That candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background, and that’s okay. We would strongly encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of the qualifications described.