Technical Support & QA Tester
If you don't think you meet all the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
👐 Join a meritocracy, no politics needed (nor welcomed)
⏰ Work 4 days a week, have an extra day for learning, running errands, or starting a new hobby.
📖 We practice open-book management (understand how the business works and why what you work on really matters for our clients)
QuickMail is one of the leading cold email outreach solutions for sending business-to-business cold emails. It is used by small and medium businesses worldwide to reach out to potential clients and grow their businesses.
Our clients are composed of Entrepreneurs, Founders, Growth Marketers & Agencies.
QuickMail was started in 2014. We are 100% self-funded and composed of a small group of highly driven co-workers.
About the role
As part of our Customer Support team, you’ll be the first point of contact for our users as well as prospecting users who have questions before signing up.
We pride ourselves to be highly knowledgeable support representatives, with a clear goal to find the best solution for our users (not just answering tickets). So you will need to be curious by nature and able to solve problems by using logic.
Your secondary goal as a QA tester is to use your analytical skills to thoroughly test all fixes, features, and enhancements created by the dev team.
You will create and use a combination of application-testing frameworks, user reports, and testing procedures to locate problems and communicate in proper channels to rectify them before product updates are launched. You will lead the charge in testing and approving hotfixes should software bugs slip through in the initial launch or subsequent updates.
For both aspects of your role, deep understanding must be pursued and maintained. We go above and beyond, so the role includes being knowledgeable not just in the software but also in our integrations (e.g. HubSpot, PipeDrive, Zapier), and the email ecosystem (e.g. cold outreach, DNS settings to maximize deliverability, and changes from email service providers that can impact our customers or operation to name some).
Your responsibilities will include:
- Solving the problem of our users with the best solution possible (including workarounds)
- Developing a deep understanding of how Quickmail.io works. You are willing to become an expert, knowing the system inside out
- Writing technical documentation for our knowledge base
- Investigate the user’s key objectives, and driving their adoption of Quickmail.io’s functionality beyond the expected
- Provide training and continued support through highly effective relationship management, centered on the customer experience
- Develop a deep technical understanding of the email ecosystem (what is SPF, DKIM, able to read email source, know what is imp[acting deliverability...)
- Manually testing fixes, features, and enhancements for anything that times out, crashes, or leads to server or console errors, as well as visual bugs
- Debugging graphQL queries using the inspector tool
- API testing using Postman
- Creating bug reports to help the developers understand where the issue is coming from and how to replicate it
- Always curious and going beyond the surface level of understanding
- Comfortable giving feedback with the intention to help and receiving feedback without justifying the action behind the feedback
- Can take informed decisions without waiting for a go signal
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- A fast and reliable internet connection and a good computer (at least 32 GB RAM) with a webcam
- Demonstrate that you have great attention to detail by entering koala when asked what is your favorite animal
- A fluent English speaker who is also good at writing (grammar, spelling, and punctuation)
- Comfortable working in Europe or EST US time zone
- Knowledge of Ruby, Python, or Selenium
- Experience working as a QA tester in SaaS or other email software
- Experience working in a fully-remote team
- Knowledgeable in the email ecosystem. (SPF, DKIM, and DMARC records, email deliverability, etc.)
⏰ Work 4 days (4 x 8hr) a week, work from home or from a coffee shop, we are a remote-first company. No commute is necessary, use your extra day for learning, running errands or starting a new hobby.
⚖️ You'll join a meritocracy, with no politics, and bring your best self.
📖 You'll get a lot of context and learn about the business side as we practice open-book management.
🌴 1 team retreat per year for work and fun (we fly everyone to one location for a week).📚 We focus on learning and personal growth ($100/mo budget for learning/books/courses).