Lingokids' mission is to help 100 million families around the world raise amazing children through playlearning™. To help us on this mission we’re looking for an exceptional Manager of User Experience. The role can be fully remote in the European timezone or based in our sunny Madrid office.
We’re reinventing early childhood education through an online learning service for kids. With fresh content - games, books, videos, interactive episodes, etc - every week, we are helping millions of families and their children around the world learn in a fun and effective way.
Our dream is to have a positive impact on 100M families and we’re working hard to make it a reality. Our talented team of product designers, user researchers, product managers, data scientists, engineers, educational experts and content producers tweak and improve our product daily while incorporating feedback from our customers.
Are you ready to Playlearning with us?
As the UX Manager, you will lead a team of designers focused on building the best possible experience for our customers. Your work will be critical to ensure we build the right thing through research, innovation, and careful attention to high quality execution and validating with users.
Candidates for this role have several years of applied experience creating and leading world class UX organizations in producing products and services for global companies and markets.
Specific responsibilities for this role include:
- Be the voice of our users and ensure the user is represented at all levels across the business.
- Provide functional leadership to the Product Design and User Research disciplines, ensuring the ongoing growth of the people, skills, tools and processes.
- Define a career progression framework for Product Design and User Research and apply an effective performance management process to ensure ongoing development of all team members.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Studios teams to ensure a seamless experience across all customer touch points.
- Ability to drive towards building a delightful experience that solves the needs of our users in a way that also solves the business problem the teams collectively defined.
- Regularly partner with product management to contribute to bringing the product strategy to life through a series of north star visions
- Collaborate with product management, engineering, research and data science to ensure a smooth and reliable product development process.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- 7+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, product designer or similar role designing mobile, web, and/or other applications.
- 3+ years of experience successfully leading and managing medium-large (5-10 people) multi-disciplinary design teams.
- Experience building learning products, game-based products or kids’ (2-8 yrs old) products highly desirable.
- Experience coaching and providing feedback on individual and team performance, to ensure delivery of high-quality work meeting the needs of the customer and the business.
- Strong interpersonal, communications and presentation skills. Able to articulate problems and solutions in a clear and concise manner. Able to clearly communicate product experience goals and requirements to a wide range of partners and stakeholders, including senior executive management.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects, activities and deliverables while preserving product goals and the needs of the team. Ability to balance near-term deliverables and long-term planning.
- A good sense of product design, from high-level strategic direction down to UI design details - you’ve been there and you’ve shipped it. Be able to guide teams to translate product strategy into tangible deliverables.
- A portfolio of product design that demonstrates the breadth of creativity, innovation, design leadership and a commitment to high quality execution consistent with best-in-class products.
- Experience hiring a range of people and job roles (Product Design, Visual Design, UX Research, UX Writing) to grow and develop the team’s capabilities.
Life at Lingokids
🏡 Remote working: Lingokids is a hybrid company that allows for remote work. However, for the first 3-6 months of this role and as part of the initial ramp-up, we require you to be based in the Madrid office for 2 days per week.
⚖️ Flexible hours and work-life balance: we care about the results you bring to the team. 9 to 6 and constant commuting is not for us either.
📈 Stock options: joining Lingokids means you can choose to own part of the company.
🌍 Visa sponsorship: if you need a visa to work in the EU, Lingokids will assist you during the visa process, costs included.
📚 Professional growth: up to €2.000 per year for conferences, books, and training.
💬 Language lessons: language learning is what we’re all about! We’ll cover language classes for you to learn Spanish, English or Portuguese.
🩺 Health care: we have optional health insurance as flexible retribution and 4 online therapy sessions for free to help your self-awareness and wellbeing.
💳 Flexible compensation: you'll be able to include your monthly expenses in meals and transportations into your payroll.
🍲 Meal allowances: every month, you will receive a 60€ voucher for you to spend on the restaurants and food delivery services you like the most.
🖥 Home office setup: you'll have a 400€ voucher to set up your home office and a 35€ monthly allowance for remote expenses.
🙌 Feedback culture: feedback is the breakfast of champions, and we take it seriously! We have a real-time and honest feedback culture, and a formal 360º assessment every 6 months.
If you think you don't tick all the boxes, we'd still love to hear from you. Nobody checks every box, and we are looking for someone excited to join the team!