We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our engineering team to help us build Prezi, a full-cycle presentation platform used by millions of people all over the world. Work with us to enable our users to create visually stunning presentations with the best possible visual editing experience for presentations with challenges such as spatial structuring and navigation.
In this role you will work in the Content Team. The primary goal of this team is to help presenters output visual presentations they’re proud of faster, by providing ready-to-use content in easily accessible ways throughout their Prezi journey. As an engineer on the Content Team, you’ll be working on a variety of services across the front and back end, including AI solutions to help users produce better presentations in a shorter timeframe and search implementations that allow users to reach more targeted content. You’ll work closely with Product, UX and Data teams to ensure that the features delivered are of the highest quality. The codebases you’ll be contributing to will be written in either Python (Django) or Typescript (React), all running on Kubernetes.
As a Senior Software Engineer and part of a cross-functional team, you will be reporting to your Engineering Manager, Neil Jones.
If you have
- 5+ years experience of developing web applications and web services (e.g. React / a web framework like Django)
- A B.Sc. in Computer Science or related studies or equivalent working experience
- Proficiency in either a statically typed (e.g. Typescript) or dynamically typed (e.g. Python) language
- A passion for clean, maintainable code
- A strong product mindset
- Good communication skills in English (with technical and non-technical team members and partner groups)
- A high sense of ownership in your work
- Skills to meet deadlines, exchange knowledge with colleagues, and be up-to-date with new trends
then we would love to talk to you!
Bonus points if you have
- Technology leadership experience (e.g. have previously lead projects to completion)
- Experience developing and deploying AI/ML solutions (using LLMs or open source ML models)
- Cloud computing experience (e.g. RDS, S3, Sagemaker)
We offer a competitive salary, a culture where you can be yourself, flexible working hours in our beautiful office environment and remote work opportunities.
The best part: you will join an awesome team who highly appreciates visual communication, who believes that together we are greater than the sum of our parts, and who deeply cares about those around us.
At Prezi, we celebrate the diversity of our customers and our employees. We employ people from all backgrounds to build a product for everyone. We are looking for people who will bring in their different perspectives and help us on our mission to reinvent how people share knowledge, tell stories, and inspire their audiences to act.
If you are into visual communication, love to be a part of a team and care about those around you, we encourage you to apply.