Senior Site Reliability Engineer
In June 2021 Grafana Labs acquired k6 - a Stockholm-based startup behind the open-source load testing tool for engineering teams. With k6, Grafana Labs adds extensible testing to its open and composable Grafana observability stack.
At k6, we build next-generation performance testing tools for developers and DevOps engineers.
We are pushing forward the state-of-the-art in our industry, creating open-source tools that have great developer experience and enable engineers to build reliable systems. k6 is an open-source tool that we built to reinvent the engineering principles around performance testing and enable engineers to build systems that scale.
About the role
You will be a part of the k6 platform team that focuses on the infrastructure of k6 Cloud, our commercial product built around the k6 OSS targeted at users wanting to run performance tests at scale. Our SaaS application allows customers to load test their systems by running distributed load tests from 15+ regions across the world, using hundreds of thousands of virtual users able to send millions of requests per second. We ingest a huge volume of data generated by k6 which can be used to view, correlate and analyze metrics from each test.
The k6 platform team is being expanded due to the overall growth of the company, currently, there are 3 members. It is a small team whose main responsibility is maintaining the infrastructure layer of k6 Cloud and providing assistance and guidance to other teams (back-end, front-end, k6 OSS). Our infrastructure mostly consists of EKS clusters along with other AWS services (e.g., S3, RDS, ElastiCache). Currently, we are looking for a Kubernetes expert who can participate in developing and maintaining our k8s based platform. Readiness to investigate, communicate and develop platform solutions is crucial for this role.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Develop, innovate and maintain cloud infrastructure
- Being on-call during working hours, monitoring and troubleshooting cloud infrastructure
- Collaborate with other teams (back-end, front-end, k6 OSS) on delivering cross-functional features to the cloud product
- Take part in shaping the k6 platform team roadmap
- Expert in Kubernetes and Docker in production environments
- Expert in cloud infrastructure management: AWS, Terraform, Ansible
- Excellent scripting using Python, Go, Bash
- Experience in modern logging and monitoring: Loki, Prometheus, Grafana
- Experience with GitOps approach (e.g., ArgoCD, FluxCD) and GitHub
- Experience with SQL DB’s and messaging systems: PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ, Kafka
- Experience comprehensively securing and monitoring AWS
- Good technical communication skills
Not required, but great to have
- Experience deploying IAM (Identity Access Management) solutions, (e.g. Okta, Auth0)
- Experience with Kubernetes in other cloud providers (e.g. GCP, Azure) or on-premise
- AWS/GCP/Azure Security Engineering, Architecting or Security Specialty certification
About Grafana Labs
There are more than 950,000 active installations of Grafana around the globe, monitoring everything from beehives to climate change in the Alps. The instantly recognizable dashboards have been spotted everywhere from a NASA launch and Minecraft HQ to Wimbledon and the Tour de France. Grafana Labs also helps companies including Bloomberg, JPMorgan Chase, and eBay manage their observability strategies with full-stack offerings that can be run fully managed with Grafana Cloud, or self-managed with Grafana Enterprise Stack. The Grafana stack has grown to include four other open source projects, Grafana Loki (for logs), Grafana Tempo (for traces), Grafana Mimir (for metrics), and Grafana OnCall (for on-call management).
Benefits: For more information about the perks and benefits of working at Grafana, please check out our careers page.
A note about covid-19: All Grafanistas who wish to attend in-person events or travel for Grafana Labs must be fully-vaccinated.
Equal Opportunity Employer: At Grafana Labs we’re building a company where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay, and do their best work. We know that our company runs on the hard work and the dedication of our passionate and creative employees. If you're excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways.
We will recruit, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different and unique. We believe that equality and diversity builds a strong organisation and we’re working hard to make sure that’s the foundation of our organisation as we grow.