We are looking for a Solutions Architect to join Onport Team, with knowledge of e-commerce technology, enterprise integrations and cloud computing. This is a partial hands-on role where you will manage the solution design and architecture for our clients using the Onport Platform across different consumer channels and the integrations they require. You will work with internal and external delivery and development teams to ensure the solution design and strategy meets client requirements and is understood and delivered in each project. You will be client-facing which requires a substantial technical background covering the full stack of e-commerce solutions and working with business, commercial and technical partners.
What you'll do
- Gather and translate business requirements into system-level design and detailed technical architecture documents;
- As a Lead within Onport team, you’ll support the commercial team as a specialist in solutions, providing support to our clients requirements and designing and driving the architecture and development of bespoke solutions in Onport Core Product Offering within a cross functional team;
- Joint cooperation with commercial team in the pre-sales stage guiding high-level solution design and providing inputs for commercial team and proposals such as identifying customers pains and requirements;
- Provide alignment with cross-functional teams on architectural topics, system connectivity and interface designs;
- Be a champion for industry standards and technical business impacting future trends;
- Assess vendors and third-party suppliers from a technical perspective;
- Creatively ask discovery questions that highlight customer goals, processes and pain points;
- Leverage all facts and data to best support your internal stakeholders on best practices and use cases that expand beyond the singular client enriching Onports Product, identifying common needs regularly expressed by different cohorts of clients.
Who you are
- A professional with a minimum of 5 years of experience, having worked and designed complex solutions on large-scale enterprise systems;
- Experience with Nodejs, SQL and Event Driven Systems;
- Experienced working with cloud e-commerce platforms and interconnected enterprise systems (e-commerce storefronts, order management, inventory management, catalogue management, marketing technology platforms, data and enterprise reporting);
- Knowledgeable of service-oriented architecture and microservices / distributed systems patterns;
- Knowledgeable of solutions respecting security, data privacy and compliance requirements or willingness to learn;
- Experienced performing presentations, facilitating meetings discussing trade-offs and risk/impact analysis;
- Comfortable in a client-facing role with ability to understand a client’s business needs and translate it into project requirements;
- Proficient in written and spoken English.
We know how important it is for retailers to be efficient and this is why we built an end-to-end automation platform to manage inventory and operations from one single place. Our cloud-based technology allows marketplaces of any size to scale by letting us handle the complexity of the business so that they can focus on growing their business.
In 2022, Onport became part of the FARFETCH Group incorporating our technology into its broader offering. FARFETCH was quick to see the intrinsic value of such an innovative and all-encompassing marketplace solution as Onport.
We’re a rapidly growing team that brings together people from all over the globe taking collaboration to another new level. We encourage our people to go above & beyond and shoot for the stars, we welcome explorers, curious and disruptive people.
Work where you want - Your home, a co-working space, on the road, you name it. If you feel like moving your job stays with you. We are a remote team, but will arrange regular meet-ups.